"Prioritizing the Needs of Higher Education in Oregon: the State's Role in Changing Times" is a civic education program presented by the League of Women Voters of Portland.
“Prioritizing the Needs of Higher Education in Oregon: the State’s Role in Changing Times” is a civic education program presented by the League of Women Voters of Portland. It will be held on Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at the Multnomah County Board Room, 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland.
Topics will include:
• The 40-40-20 goal for education
• State funding for education
• Supporting institutions of higher education
• Diversity and equity in higher education
• The future of public higher education.
Discussing these issues will be:
• Ben Cannon, Executive Director, State of Oregon, Higher Education Coordinating Commission
• Lisa Avery, President, Sylvania Campus, Portland Community College
• Sona Andrews, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Portland State University
• Lew Frederick, Senator, Oregon State Senate District 22.
This event is free and open to the public. If you missed the program on February 7th, it will be available subsequently on Metro East Community Media channels and on demand at www.lwvpdx.org.